Here are directions and information on hotels for our August 21-22, 2004 "2nd
Annual Dogs Days of Summer Flyball Tournament.
If you plan to use MapQuest or MapBlast directions, enter this address for the tournament site:
39 38th Ave
Amana, IA 52203
Directions from the North
- If you're coming in from the north on I380, take Exit 13 and head west toward the Eastern Iowa Airport on Wright Bros. Blvd.
- Stay on Wright Bros. Blvd. until you get to the intersection with Hwy 151.
- Take a left and head south on Hwy 151 to Amana.
- The Outdoor Convention Center will be on your right (northwest corner) as you come into Amana.
Directions from the East, West, and South
- If you're coming from the east or west on I80, take Exit 225. (Coming from the south? Get on I80 and head east to exit 225.)
- Head north on Hwy 151. Stay on Hwy 151 to Amana.
- The Outdoor Convention Center will be on your left (northwest corner) as you come into Amana.
Obviously, directions will vary a bit if you're coming in directly to your hotel, or coming to the tournament site from your hotel. Email us, check hotel information below, or ask at your hotel's desk if you need additional directions.
Here's a list of suggested places to stay; check when you call to make sure your choice allows dogs if it's not indicated below!
Sudbury Court Motel
2211 Hwy 6 Trail, Marengo
Reasonable rates and they DO take dogs but there are extra charges per dog; Sudbury Court is about 10 minutes west of the tournament site. Drive east on Hwy 6 to Hwy 151; head north on Hwy 151 to Amana.
Howard Johnson (does accept dogs)
9100 Atlantic Dr. SW
Howard Johnson's is about 15 minutes from the tournament site. Drive west on Wright Bros. Blvd. to Hwy 151, south on 151 to Amana.
Holiday Inn (does accept dogs)
I80 & Exit 225
This Holiday Inn is about 10 minutes from the tournament site. Rates are a little higher, but location is very convenient. Drive north on Hwy 151 to Amana.
The rest of the motels on the list are all in the same cluster, around 33rd Ave. SW in Cedar Rapids. Directions to tournament site are the same for all as for Motel 6 just below. Time for all to tourney site is about 20 minutes.
Motel 6 (formerly Red Roof Inn, does accept dogs)
I-380 and 33rd Ave.
Many of you have stayed here before and will know it as Red Roof Inn; they've changed hands. It's about 20 minutes from the tournament site. Head south on I380 to Exit 13, west on Wright Bros. Blvd. to Hwy 151, south on 151 to Amana.
Fairfield Inn by Marriott
3243 Southridge Dr.
Four Points Sheraton
525 33rd Ave. SW
3315 Southgate Ct. SW
Holiday Inn Express
3320 Southgate Ct. SW
Super 8 (West)
720 33rd Ave. SW
Super 8 (East)
400 33rd Ave. SW
3245 Southgate Pl. SW
3233 Southridge Dr. SW
390 33rd Ave. SW
Exel Inn of Cedar Rapids
616 33rd Ave. SW
Finally, if you'd like to camp, contact the Amana Colonies RV Park at 319-622-7616, or send them an email.
Contact us if you need help or information on rooms, or if you have questions. Good luck, and we'll see you in May!